May 12, 2018
Softball's Season Ends at Region XIII Tournament
DCTC 5 Williston State College 3
- Dakota County Technical College scores more runs than Williston State, takes victory on Friday to the tune of 5-3
- Kasey King was credited with the victory for DCTC. She lasted seven innings, allowing nine hits and three runs while striking out three and walking zero.
- Miranda Woodward went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead the Blue Knights in hits.
Dawson 4 DCTC 3
- A walk-off left DCTC on the wrong end of a 4-3 defeat to Dawson on Friday. The game was tied at three with Dawson batting in the bottom of the seventh when Dawson singled to scoring one run.
- DCTC lost despite out-hitting Dawson nine to six.
- Dawson fired up the offense in the first inning, when an error scored one run for Dawson.
- Megan Thurow took the loss for the Blue Knights. She surrendered four runs on six hits over six and a third innings, striking out four.
- The Blue Knights scattered nine hits in the game. Kasey King and Pilar Garcia each racked up multiple hits for DCTC.
Williston State College 16 DCTC 1
- Nothing came easy for the Blue Knights on Saturday, as they fell 16-1 to Williston State.
- Megan Thurow took the loss for DCTC. She surrendered 11 runs on seven hits over two innings, striking out five.
- Kasey King started the game for DCTC. She went three innings, allowing five runs on six hits, striking out one and walking zero.
- Pilar Garcia, Thurow, Miranda Woodward, and Kaitlyn Nash each collected one hit for the Blue Knights.