Game 1 Hesston 11 DCTC 10
Blue Knights Falls to Hesston College on Walkoff
- It came down to the last play, but Blue Knights was on the wrong end of an 11-10 defeat to Hesston College on Saturday.
- The Blue Knights trailed by six runs in the third inning, but then fought back to lower the final margin. They scored ten runs in the failed comeback. Trent Fredenburg, Cody Gruenhagen, Scott Harrison, and Travis Schmidt came through with RBIs to lead the rally.
- Hesston College opened up scoring in the first inning. Deckinger hit into a fielder's choice, scoring one run.
- After the Blue Knights scored two runs in the top of the fifth, Hesston College answered with two of their own. DCTC scored when Schmidt hit a 2-run homer. Hesston College then answered when Stivers singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Alex Farley took the loss for Blue Knights. He went two-thirds of an inning, allowing two runs on one hit.
- Justin DeKeyser started the game for Blue Knights. He went two and a third innings, allowing six runs on one hit and striking out two.
- DCTC collected ten hits. Fredenburg, Caleb Zoda, and Schmidt each collected multiple hits for Blue Knights.
Game 2 DCTC 13 Hesston 3
Blue Knights Overcomes Hesston College In Face Of Early 3-Run Inning
- Even though the Blue Knights gave up three runs in the second inning, they still defeated Hesston College 13-3 on Saturday.
- In the first inning, Blue Knights got their offense started. Blue Knights scored two runs when Trent Fredenburg singled.
- Blue Knights put up six runs in the third inning. The offensive firepower by Blue Knights was led by Scott Harrison, Ian Walker, and Travis Schmidt, all sending runners across the plate with RBIs in the inning.
- Tanner Berwald led the Blue Knights to victory on the pitcher's mound. He went five innings, allowing three runs on two hits and striking out three.
- The Blue Knights totaled 12 hits in the game. Walker, Fredenburg, and Brad Goulet each had multiple hits for Blue Knights. Fredenburg and Walker all had three hits to lead Blue Knights. Blue Knights stole eight bases during the game as two players stole more than one. Nolan Baier led the way with four.
Game 3 Hesston 6 DCTC 3
Late Score Costs Blue Knights Against Hesston College
- Blue Knights lost the lead late in a 6-3 defeat to Hesston College on Sunday. The game was tied at three with Hesston College batting in the bottom of the fifth when Morgan singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Law earned the victory on the pitcher's mound for Hesston College. He surrendered three runs on seven hits over seven innings, striking out eight.
- Jake Wensmann took the loss for Blue Knights. He lasted four and two-thirds innings, allowing seven hits and four runs while striking out five.
- Brad Goulet went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead Blue Knights in hits.
Game 4 DCTC 10 Hesston 1
Five RBI Day for Trent Fredenburg Spells Out Victory For Blue Knights Over Hesston College
- Trent Fredenburg was bad news for opposing pitchers on Sunday, driving in five on three hits to lead Blue Knights past Hesston College 10-1 on Sunday. Fredenburg drove in runs on a groundout in the first and a grand slam in the third.
- Blue Knights secured the victory thanks to seven runs in the third inning. The big inning was thanks to singles by Cody Gruenhagen and Ian Walker, a home run by Fredenburg, and a groundout by Scott Harrison.
- In the first inning, Blue Knights got their offense started. Fredenburg grounded out, scoring one run.
- Hesston College knotted the game up at one in the bottom of the first inning, when Stivers singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run.
- Blue Knights pulled away for good with seven runs in the third inning. In the third Fredenburg homered on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring four runs, Gruenhagen singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run, Walker singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run, and Harrison grounded out, scoring one run.
- Dalton Hoffman was the winning pitcher for Blue Knights. He went four innings, allowing one run on two hits and striking out one. Gus Newman and Dylan Bergstad entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- The Blue Knights tallied 12 hits on the day. Fredenburg, Brad Goulet, Walker, and Jeison Morillo all managed multiple hits for Blue Knights. Fredenburg led DCTC with three hits in four at bats. The Blue Knights was sure-handed in the field and didn't commit a single error.
The Blue Knights head to Florida on March 13th to start up 10 game spring break trip. To highlight the trip, they will start by playing Mott CC out of Flint, MI at Publix Marchant Stadium, Spring Training home of the Detroit Tigers. They will also play 3 games against nationally ranked opponents.