Mar 01, 2018
DCTC Earns Split In Season Opener
Game 1: Century College 2 DCTC 0
- Both teams were strong on the mound on Thursday, but Century College capitizled on offense in a victory over Blue Knights on Thursday. Justin King started the game for the Blue Knights and recorded 12 outs.
- The Blue Knights lost despite out-hitting Century College five to two.
- One bright spot for DCTC was a double by Brad Goulet in the first inning.
- King took the loss for the Blue Knights. He surrendered two runs on two hits over four innings, striking out three.
- Jeison Morillo led the Blue Knights with two hits in three at bats. DCTC was sure-handed and didn't commit a single error.
Game 2: DCTC 3 Century College 0
- The Blue Knights defeated Century College 3-0 on Thursday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout. Alex Farley struck out Knoll to finish off the game.
- The pitching was strong on both sides. Blue Knight pitchers struck out nine, while Atkinson sat down four.
- Blue Knights fired up the offense in the first inning, when Travis Schmidt hit a 2-run home run.
- Alex Winslow was credited with the victory for DCTC. He went six innings, allowing zero runs on two hits, striking out seven and walking one. Farley threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen. Farley recorded the last three outs to earn the save.
- Schmidt, Jeison Morillo, Caleb Zoda, Clayton Harris, and Brad Goulet each collected one hit. The Blue Knights didn't commit an error.